Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Three Days to See

Helen Keller's piece was well written with many details and examples that seem unlikely that she is blind. Her thesis was written in the beginning and kept rather simple. The article was basically what she had planned to do if she could see and hear for three days. While reading this article I had a habit of getting myself to reading and not really analyzing it. The article made me realize how much I rely on sight and don't know what would become of me if I was in her situation.

Throughout the paper she spoke in a comforting and relaxed tone that kept the audience in a calming mood and made the paper easier to read. Logos was very prevalent in the paper because of everything was based of her opinion and considered all important aspects. My favorite part was the fact that for her last night she decided to attend a comedy show, and I couldn't think of anything else to ease the pain of returning to a world of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment